Another year has passed and with the end of 2013 I am sure has come the realisation that most, if not all, of the New Years resolutions made 365 days ago have not been achieved. I have declined this year to declare resolutions this year: rather I have set myself a series of aspirational targets which I am confident are not only achievable but measurably so.
Here are my aspirational targets for 2014:
1. I will run a half marathon this year (see my new site run211.com to follow my progress with this challenge).
2. I will be a positive influence in my place of work.
3. I will save more money.
4. I will see my parents more regularly and will call my sister at least once a week.
5. I will reconnect with at least one long lost friend who has left my left through no fault of their own.
6. I will give more to charity and will dedicate a number of hours per month to charitable endeavours.
All of these targets are measurable and achievable and will be a guide to the way I conduct myself in the coming year.
Bring on 2014!